Noisy pipes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well, fitted a new boiler for a customer to an open vent conventional cylindered boiler. Everything was fine. The original boiler was under sized so I fitted a vaillant and set it to 14 kw, 4 greater than the original. The only change to the system I made was going s plan instead of three port valve. Well since the new system has been in the customer has been constantly complaining of tapping pipes when the water comes on in the morning. And waking them up. I have been round twice. Altered pipe clips, made sure that pipes have not been rubbing against floorboards, and sat in his bedroom to listen. I thought I had solved it the last time but now a month later he is back complaining again. Has anyone got ideas to resolve this. Clearly it is due to the pipes expanding When the water comes on. I am tempted to de rate the boule to 10kw but that is daft as the reason the changed the boiler in the first place was to get a greater response time on hot water, hence going for s plan.

Any ideas.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back