nokia 6610i

B

breezer

anyone got a nokia 6610i?

if so what hands free kit have you and what do you think of the h/f kit and where did you get it?

I have the phone, got a cheapo h/f kit from a well known store, (it was the more expensive of the two they had)
but it is terrible, i can talk louder than the h/f speaker (yes i have turned the volume up)

My car has a h/f kit for a nokia 6310i but i now have another phone (6310 i obsolete) but i do not like the "plug it in your phone and ear type" h/f kits, hence the question

Sponsored Links
You can get some good Bluetooth car kits, a colleague of mine has one and leaves his phone in the boot now! He has big problems with his hearing, so it must be OK, not sure which brand though.

I have one of those Bluetooth "hook round your ear and make yourself look like Captain Scarlett or Uhura" headsets, tis great.

AdamW said:
I have one of those Bluetooth "hook round your ear and make yourself look like Captain Scarlett or Uhura" headsets, tis great.
I'm having difficulty in imagining that Adam :LOL:

Sponsored Links
breezer said:
anyone got a nokia 6610i?

if so what hands free kit have you and what do you think of the h/f kit and where did you get it?

I have the phone, got a cheapo h/f kit from a well known store, (it was the more expensive of the two they had)
but it is terrible, i can talk louder than the h/f speaker (yes i have turned the volume up)

My car has a h/f kit for a nokia 6310i but i now have another phone (6310 i obsolete) but i do not like the "plug it in your phone and ear type" h/f kits, hence the question

Breezer

Is your car kit a hardwired Nokia CARK-91? This is the kit with a cradle that fits most of the previous generation Nokia mobiles (5110/6110/7110/6150/6210/6310). I have one in my car.
If so, you want to remove the cradle and 'black box' (or get it removed) leaving the speaker, microphone and aeriel in place.

Then, get yourself a CARK-126 kit which fits newer Nokia mobiles i.e. 6610/6230/6100 etc. I recently bought one off ebay for about £70. Instal the cradle and black box, reattach the speaker, mic and aeriel and away you go. I have recently done this job in my wifes car - took less than an hour.

The alternative is one of the Pama type cradles which plugs into your ciggy lighter and has a built in speaker and mic. I have never found these to be particularly effective, hence the 'proper' Nokia kits being installed.

thanks for that, trouble is i have 2 phones (poser i know) my solution is that i am sending the 6610i back and changing it for one with blue tooth, and today i got a "lt uhura" head set from maplin £29.99

I have Halfords HFK hardwired through stereo with automute. Good kit and best bit it was (still is?) half price at 50 sovs.

It has interchangeable leads that plug into the black box so if your handset changes, you are not stuck.

I have the same as SS and so far very good, specially with the radio auto cut out, Halfords are doing the 1/2 price again over the Christmas period.

Sponsored Links
Back