None of the flat switches and sockets are flush against wall

Really she means "I just provided the backboxes that I had specified and supplied" He'd probably set aside a morning to second fix and made the best of a bad job. No excuse, but I really don't see that he is to blame.
He's obviously not to blame for the choice of backboxes. However, whether you call it 'blame' or not, I still think that it's very unprofessional to do a bad job, even if that's due to third-party actions, without at least making some comment.

Would you 'silently do the best you could' with what a customer had provided, and then walk away leaving accessories which looked a mess, without saying anything? Apart from anything else, to do so stands a chance of damaging one's reputation.

Kind Regards, John.

Sponsored Links
A young sparky, sent to site by his employee. "Second fix this house, accessories are on site".

He would just go to site, and get on with it, thinking about home time.

Far too many of this type of sparky around :-/

A young sparky, sent to site by his employee. "Second fix this house, accessories are on site". He would just go to site, and get on with it, thinking about home time. Far too many of this type of sparky around :-/
Yes, a very possible scenario - but, IMO, being young and employed would not alter the fact that it is very unprofessional (and, arguably, 'ridiculous') to do a job and leave it in the state as described, without any comment, even if it is (and I somehow doubt this) been 'the best that could be done with what had been provided'.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back