Normal light switch in bathroom

Scoby

There's always one.....I accept my fate. Or shall I go into hiding, like Mr Rushdie?

Sponsored Links
Well, in a case of life imitating art (in the form of an H E Bateman cartoon), I'll spring to the defence of NICEIC. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just like I have no objection to them existing as a trade body, and seeking to promote themselves and their benefits to the public, I have no objection to them having stricter standards of work than the legal minimum.

AFAIK, Building Regs these days specify minumum u values for houses - if there was a Federation Of Warm-as-toast House Builders who promised "buy a house built by a FOWATHB member and you'll get insulation which is twice as good as the legal minumum", would anybody have a problem? The houses would cost more and buyers could decide whether to go for a FOWATHB house or not.

NICEIC might also decide that there are lots of C&N accessories on the market, and that for their members BS3676 was no longer enough, there would be a NICEIC product evaluation process and only those products which met a higher standard of construction would be fitted by their members. Again - in a free market people would be free to choose whether to use a NICEIC member or the highly recommended local man, or whoever.

But freedom of choice wasn't enough for them...

Sponsored Links
:D

ever tried reading war & peace on the loo?

it's a really thick book,

( I bet it would keep the lounge fire going all night long !!..)

When I took a copy of War and Peace into the loo I was very pleased with my choice. It was soft, strong and thoroughly absorbent ;)

Reminds me of the Izal bog roll at school

Do you choose the smooth less painful side and skid off, or do you go for the side with more grip and get sore?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back