Notifiable or not??

Yes, I see your point. However, I have been told many times during training that the title, 'Qualified Electrician' is a bit hazy...but, the title of 'Competent Person' is in line with what is formally stated in BS7671, EWR and HSWA...e.t.c.
That's quite true (only until next year for BS 7671 though ;) ).

But sadly it's also a term closely associated with a number of trade bodies who, having lobbied to get electrical work restricted to electricians, promptly prostituted themselves to increase their revenues by registering people who were anything but.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I see your point. However, I have been told many times during training that the title, 'Qualified Electrician' is a bit hazy...but, the title of 'Competent Person' is in line with what is formally stated in BS7671, EWR and HSWA...e.t.c.
That's quite true (only until next year for BS 7671 though ;) ).

But sadly it's also a term closely associated with a number of trade bodies who, having lobbied to get electrical work restricted to electricians, promptly prostituted themselves to increase their revenues by registering people who were anything but.

Yes, I do see what you mean. However, I thought the whole point of a forum was to share views and air any misconceptions...better safe and legal rather than not, surely? :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back