npower digital meter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My supplier is npower.

does anyone know about their policy on meter changes. I'd like to request a change of meter as ours is reaching 94000. H
Do they have a replacement schedule?
Is there a reading threshold they use to decide when to change a meter?

I don't know if the previous owner was ever prompted to have it changed, if he has and never did anything about it would our supply be left out of a rolling programme?

i've looked on the website and there is absolutely nothing on meter changes, not vey helpful at all.

Thks

Sponsored Links
94 k is irrelevant, it'll roll over to 00000 and keep going. Also it may have already been recalibrated, the norm used to be every 17 years max, is there a small sticker on it?

Ours started back at 00000 earlier this year. It wont just stop when it gets to 99999 :LOL: If only :LOL: Nor will it blow up, snap crackle n pop, beep, start erupting smoke, fall off the wall, or start spinning at twice the speed.

Dont worry. Theres probably plenty of meters out there older than yours.

Sponsored Links
You have to contact the REC (regional electrical compnay) not Npower.
I think there supposed to be replaced every 10 years, mine was recently replaced after 23 years.

Hi,

I thought that the REC was only responsible for the cutout and not the meter but I'm no expert so i could be wrong.

Sticker seems to have been ripped off :rolleyes:

REC? You mean DNO. Distribution Network Operator.

They pipe the electrons to the meter, thats it. They aint responsible for the meter AFAIK.

Phone your supplier. It is their job to liase with DNOs, metermen, subcontractors etc.

And I believe the limit is 20 years.

RECs disappeared over a decade ago. They were split up into DNOs and energy suppliers.

Now the energy supplier pays the DNO to distribute its electricity to you, the supplier also pays a metering company to supply and fit the meter and a meter reading company to read it.

You only deal with the DNO directly to get a new connection to the distribution network.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back