Number of appliances on fused spur

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like to retrofit an electric window opener and 2 electric blinds in a high ceiling part of our house.

The window opener takes 240v directly via a DPDT switch, and the blinds are powered by a 240AC-24VDC transformer and are RF controlled.

Total power of both of these running will never exceed 200W

I have a double gang socket I was going to wire a fused spur to, but I'm a little unsure of the regulations. Can I attach both 'appliances' to the same fused spur? If not, what are my options?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Can I attach both 'appliances' to the same fused spur? If not, what are my options?
Yes.
Just check that the socket is not already a spur.
You will probably need a 3Amp fuse in the FCU but check with the manufacturers instructions of the products you are fitting.

Yes.
Just check that the socket is not already a spur.
You will probably need a 3Amp fuse in the FCU but check with the manufacturers instructions of the products you are fitting.

Thanks! Much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
apologies - pressed wrong button!
be7ef9ca3aa34510bc16b0a8245db262.jpg

The way that the new site carries draft replies from one topic to another doesn't help. More than once I've been part way through replying to something, and for whatever reason gone to another topic, and there's my reply to the first one, just waiting to be clicked into the wrong place....

The way that the new site carries draft replies from one topic to another doesn't help. More than once I've been part way through replying to something, and for whatever reason gone to another topic, and there's my reply to the first one, just waiting to be clicked into the wrong place....
Whilst ISTR experiencing something like that in the past, that doesn't seem to happen to me now. If I move to a different topic whilst there is something in the reply box, the reply box in the new topic appears to be empty.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back