Help with Fused Spur Info

Don't buy them then; they are not fit for purpose and then you will have no difficulty.

As a matter of interest, how big are imperial cables?

Sponsored Links
Do you need to retain both of the existing socket; the single on the ring (You could replace it with a fused spur plate) or the double on the spur (you could remove it and replace with joint and blank plate)?

A suggestion is replace the existing double socket with a Euromodule plate with a 13A fuse, single socket and a blank units.

Don't buy them then; they are not fit for purpose and then you will have no difficulty.

Imperial cables are whatever size they are described as, For example 3/0.036" is 3 strands of 0.036 inch diameter and 37/0.083 is 37 strands of 0.083 inch diameter.

See it's quite easy really isn't it?

Next.

Sponsored Links

Imperial cables are whatever size they are described as, For example 3/0.036" is 3 strands of 0.036 inch diameter and 37/0.083 is 37 strands of 0.083 inch diameter.

See it's quite easy really isn't it?
Answering YOUR question, which I'll remind you was

I am sure you will think of some more rubbish.
I'm only answering your rubbish questions.

Do you need to retain both of the existing socket; the single on the ring (You could replace it with a fused spur plate) or the double on the spur (you could remove it and replace with joint and blank plate)?

A suggestion is replace the existing double socket with a Euromodule plate with a 13A fuse, single socket and a blank units.
Unfortunately, all the existing sockets are required...I think I will replace the existing single gang backbox with a twin back box and mount an FCU next to a single socket..

Unfortunately, all the existing sockets are required...I think I will replace the existing single gang backbox with a twin back box and mount an FCU next to a single socket..
A slightly tidier way is to replace the existing single socket with a double backbox and
a Euromodule plate with a 13A fuse, single socket and a blank units.
However, if you are knocking out the wall another idea would be a
1698458350873.png
and upgrade to double socket and FCU

Yup Good un, you can get "fastafix" type like that too, so good for plasterboard as well.

I have unfused spur going to a single double gang socket...This spur is fed from a single gang socket which is part of the ring main.

I now want to add another socket off this spur, so need to change it to a fused spur. The usual way of doing this is fitting an Fused Spur Outlet....

Rather than fitting a separate FSO near my existing socket, is there such a thing as a 13amp socket outlet with additional terminals (via a fuse)outlet for the spur wiring ie everything built into one unit? I know you can get a standard fused 13am socket, but that's not what I mean...
Regards,

Peter
Yes the grid switch, I used this with mothers house IMGP7387c.jpg double socket back box and a LAP socket, switch, and fuse, with a 4 module face plate.

Might be an excellent choice there eric lad. Just what the Dr ordered meethinks.
You could put 10,000 twin sockets on that so long as the 13A fuse feeds them.

Thanks for the image, I knew I'd seen something previousely when I suggested this option but for the life of me I couldnt find it or remember who'd posted it.
I did it in mothers house, I had it rewired and the agreement was all sockets on a ring final so I could if required add more latter, but the one shown was in the corner of my mothers bedroom, and a spur, not a clue where it spurred from, and there were about 6 sockets now with no power near to this point, so it was a scratch head and work out how to power them again.

The Screwfix LAP range worked well 21218 socket £2.03 faceplate 90455 at £1.20 then 29799 fuse holder at £1.89 and a switch 48927 at £1.97 so the lot cost £7.19 and all fitted in the original back box, OK down to me to wire it, but it made life easy.

There are other ways to do the same thing, but I considered that way was cost effective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back