oak flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello. i have a query about solid oak floors. i would like to lay an oak floor over exsisting concrete floor. the solid oak flooring i have seen advertised seems to come in lenghts of 300mm. to 1.8 m. will this type of floor look like it is all joints, and if so that length of board will be the best to use. the room is 6m. by 4m.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a 'cheap' offer. Normal Oak boards do come in random lengths but from 600mm to 2400mm or longer.
With this 'offer' you will have a lot of joints, experience (well, the experience of disappointed buyers of this kind of flooring who called us for 'help') has shown that you regular only get a lot of very small boards instead of a correct mix in lengths.

Rule of Thumb: :confused:

Smaller The Lengths
Cheaper the Price
More Joins On the Floor :eek:

Say No: To Inferior Chinese Oak Imports.....! :evil:

Sponsored Links
LearnerPlumber said:
Say No: To Inferior Chinese Oak Imports.....! :evil:
Oh, I second that ;)

Although, more and more well-known European manufacturers are 'joining' up with Chinees factories and slowly better quality is coming from China.

But you're right: quality comes with a price. always!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back