Ocean 80-FF Boiler - Pressure too high and leaking - HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All,

My first visit to this forum. I'm pretty sure this place will be a gold mine of info so expect to see me around.

Anyway my problem is my boiler (make above) has been leaking and dropping pressure for the last few weeks. Only a small dripping, and we have use a large jug to capture the water. Since a new boiler is gonna cost us the better part of £1000 (kinda money I don't have laying around :D ) I'm hoping for a cheapo temp solution.

Now this small dripping was aggrevated yesterday by my fiancee turning up the pressure (a regular occurance since it regularly drops to nearly zero). However the pressure didn't stop rising and went right up to mark 3 (in the red.... mark 4 is the last number). Now it's stuck on mark 3.
The water has turned from a small casual drip to 5 or six drips from different areas and is filling a sink bowl over night and part of a very deep bucket!

I'm painting quite a picture here, but I'm at my wits end. My DIY Manual wont tell me anything about central heating systems. I'm thinking that if I can get my boiler pressure to go down the leaking will slow to what it was before (at a copeable level).

I've tried bleeding my radiators, but since I only had em done a couple of weeks ago they don't need it.

HELP ME.... I'M DESPERATE HERE!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back