ocean alpha 240 p losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi first time on here hope someone can help ,my ocean 240 p boiler keeps losing pressure ,there is no leaks any where, no water is coming from the pipe outside can any help cheers ash

Sponsored Links
Could be a number of things,

1. Leak under floors (Ground)
2. Leak within boiler
3. Faulty Pressure Vessel
4. weeping Rad valves

The List goes on, the water isn't evaporating so its going somewhere, i don't mean that sarcastically i mean it truthfully.

make sure the system is stone cold then go round every rad and physically feel every joint, looking is no good. i'd be a millionaire if i had a pound for every customer who swore there were no leaks on rads only for me to find some in minutes. check under and inside the boiler carefully, alphas are leaking sieves at the best of times, ill bet at least one union is leaking.

Sponsored Links
Just fill up cold to 2.5 bar, shut flow and return valves under boiler. Watch pressure guage for 10 minutes does it drop? leak is in boiler. Open flow and return does it drop? fault is in system.

Hopefully because it is cold and high pressure you will force the fault to show itself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back