ocean style ff

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello long time no hear.
can anyone tell me if you can change the diaphram in the water flow switch in this model?
it has a magnetic plastic plunger that pushes up onto a micro switch when there is a demand,the plunger sometimes doesn't push the micro hard enough but a tap on the side of the switch gives it enough omph to make.
i have never seen one of these boilers ,i was told i was going to look at a alpha 240p,can yuo imagine my surprise.

Sponsored Links
Yes the diapragm can be changed on its own. Not a nice boiler at all, be carefull not to disturb any other pipes as there are a lot of o rings just waiting to start leaking on you.

Andy

Warn the customer its quite likely they will require a new boiler.

They leak from the connections onto the domestic heat exchanger. Often everything is corroded and seized and the parts required (if still available) normally make it not worth repairing.

thanks for the info fellas. i had to replace an o ring on the first visit! what a can of worms

Sponsored Links
does anyone happen to know the part number for the diaphram.the flow switch complete is£98 plus, ouch.

Probably 6.1000710 but talk to Alpha - best to get a seal kit.

Ah seal kit 710. I think I still have 3 or 4 of those in the van.

Infact I think I have a kit 709 aswell.

Big lad you need seal kit 710 will hunt out the number tomorrow.

Stan

I think that I am going to replace one of those next week if its the model with all the bits on the right?

If not then its like an early Alpha 240.

Tony

You might find it's a piece of plastic broken on the box, part blue. Pivot for one of the microswitches.

ocean-80ff.jpg

the micro switch thats not making until you give it a tap is the one on the water flow switch in the top right corner.what do you reckon complete flow switch or diaphram?
p.s. how does the plunger actually get pushed up,its made of plastic with a magnetic tip and sits freely in the switch body.i'm only used to seing the alpha 240 type.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back