ALPHA OCEAN BOILER NOT GIVING OUT HOT WATER

noz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI I HAVE AN ALPHA OCEAN 240P WHICH IS PLAYING UP
THE CENTRAL HEATING WORKS FINE BUT WHEN I USE A TAP WHETHER UPSTAIRS OR DOWN THE WATER RUNS RED HOT AT FIRST AND THEN RUNS LUKE WARM IT SEEMS TO GET BETTER AS YOU TURN THE TAP DOWN SO IT TRICKLES OUT.
I HAVE READ SOME QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN POSTED ABOUT THIS PROBLEM AND HAVE CHECKED THE MICROSWITCH THE PLUNGER IS MOVING OUT AND FULLY MAKING THE SWITCH AS THE BOILER FIRES UP I HAVE ALSO CHANGED THE DIAPHRAGM TODAY BUT IT IS STILL THE SAME I HAVE PUT SOME DE-SCALER IN THE CENTRAL HEATING SYSTEM ASWELL WHICH IS DUE TO BE REMOVED IN A WEEK AND INHIBITOR PUT IN CAN YOU HELP
CHEERS
NOZ

Sponsored Links
Turn off CAPS !!!

Secondary heat exchanger is clogged up !

Tony

i have put some de-scaler in the central heating system aswell
You never know, that may help, and you can't take out the dhw hex for the week to see what happens.

thanks for the reply sorry for sounding ignorant but what do you mean by turn off the caps and is it easy to do cheers
phill

Sponsored Links
If you dont know how to turn off the CAPS then you may not get very far with your boiler!

hi thanks for the reply i am very mechanically minded as im an aircraft engineer just not too good with computers hence the caps thing is there a way to un-clog a secondary heat exchanger cheers
phill

Hmm.. met a few aircraft engineers after they have normally given up trying to fix their own boilers and called me.... the last one came very close to blowing up his own tenants and property.

His abysmal plumbing around the back of a Netaheat allowed electrolytic corrosion between the copper pipework and the bundy pilot gas pipe (they were touching). Time clock turned on boiler and kitchen filled up with gas from the hole in the pipe ....tenants smelt gas at the front door and had the sense not to switch on the lights.

change the bloody thing

and as agile says if you cannae turn of capslock get some in who knows his arse from his elbow to change it for you

:rolleyes:

Perhaps you only work on the single engined Cesnas in which case thats no problems as I dont own one yet.

On the other hand if you are working on the Airbus 340 perhaps you could let me know which ones just in case you leave the cabin pressurisation on manual and the pilot did not notice until he blacked out!

Its even more worrying because planes are flown by computers. I hope you remember to turn on the ILS when its going to land ! Remember that A340 at the Paris Air Show? As I recall the pilot was flying it so low that the plane decided it was going to land! Expensive computer mistake that one!

You can clean a plate HE with a mild organic acid such as citric. But do remember to wash it out well unless you want your hot water to taste like lemon juice.

Tony

i actually work on helicopters which are twin engined powered by rolls royce gas turbines that are manually flown and in 16 years have never had one fall out of the sky.
thanks for the reply will do that and see how i get on cheers
noz

could also be the water thermister. its a little plug on the brass section on the left hand side. green plastic. 2 wires. small
but also could be the secondary heat exchanger blocked up. take it out , bang it on a solid piece of wood, flush with mains and repeat until clear.

thanks g60bv its nice to get a reply that doesnt involve someone slagging off what i do for a living. will look in to that today and let you know how i get on cheers
noz

i only found this site last week. and i've already noticed that theres a lot of slaggin off. wird. dont get this on other forums. let me know if i can help. i can always send you a thermistor if you need one. thay are cheap.

thanks g60bv that is really good of you i went out to buy a thirmister this morning but it hasnt really made a difference i cleaned out the heat exchanger aswell never mind back to the drawing board cheers
noz

was there any black bits coming out of the heat ex.?
also when the system is cold. run the h/w. and feel the heating pipes under the boiler. these should stay cold. if warm the diverters letting heat escape. i can get any spares you need for these. and cheaply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back