Ocean Alpha 240p Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone please help me I have a ocean alpha 240p boiler and when ever i run the hot water tap the boiler fires up and i get hot water for a short while before the boiler stops and i get cold water. the cold water comes through for a short amount of time then the boiler fires up again and i get hot water. this happens thoughout the period of when i have the hot tap open. also the central heating seems to be affected as it will only come on now and again wen its turned on. the system has normal pressure and the front panel is not lighting up with any faults
please can some one help
thanks

Sponsored Links
Primary ntc would be my first thing to check/replace. If this proved ok, then the plate HE needs cleaning, although this wouldn't affect the ch :confused:

from memory and i may be wrong this boiler has a orange light when the pressure switch makes, i had this on an alpha 240 eco a few weeks ago, customer complained of luke warm water and rads. When boiler was on the flame would light then go out light then go out etc. This would cause luke warm heat and water, as i viewed boiler the orange fan proving/pressure switch light kept going on/off even though fan was running. I had replace and clean a few bits inside the boiler. Only recommended for RGI as combustion cover has to be removed. Worth checking the alpha 240p is the same i am pretty positive it is and this could be problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back