Odd security screws on multi-way electrical socket extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to swap the cords on some electrical multi-way extensions (because the cables are different lengths and I need a longer cable elsewhere) but when I looked at the back of the outlet I saw some odd barriers to entry. Can these hurdles be surmounted?

Thanks.

qtRpjW4.png

9ldNSCa.png

Sponsored Links
Rivets on the first one & filled in torx screws on the second. easier to buy new ones with the correct length cable.

Sponsored Links
The top one looks like it has a removable cover over the terminals. The bottom one looks unserviceable. They're cheap enough. Most wholesalers sell them without flex, ready to flex yourself.

These are 'barbed' pins that just push in. They are designed to be permanent and CAN NOT be pulled out without causing irrepairable damage.

They probably mean,

"do not take this apart. If you do, there will be a strange noise and 5 springy things will fly in all directions.":mrgreen:

Seriously, they are made like that so they cannot come apart with 230 killer volts connected up.

Blimey, those things are £2 a dozen in IKEA, etc. Just buy one with a longer lead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back