Odd venting...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Situation:
In my bathroom, the concealed cistern/toilet is situated 1metre away from external wall. The soil pipe travels 1 metre to the wall, then exists and bends left about 2 metres to join the building's main soil pipe.

The bathtub, shower and vanity sinks are linked together and connect outside to the main soil pipe. I am pretty certain that is connection is directly to the main soil pipe, and the toilet waste is also to the main soil pipe. It's not as though the two waste pipes link together before attaching to the main soil pipe.

When you flush the toilet, you get the gurgling of the shower which inevitably drains the water in the trap and then have sewer smells entering (after about 3 flushes). My plumber had installed little AAV things as part of the sink traps.
I would have thought this would have worked??? I had asked him to put one of those standard AAVs (about 50mm wide, 80m height) but he felt these ones that are small and part of the vanity sink trap housing was enough.

Experience?

Sponsored Links
You could try fitting hepvo valve's instead of the traps on the bath and basin (called a f anny trap in the trade for obvious reasons) ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back