Offer made on a property with an unfinished loft

Surveyor is going in on Monday so he'll have a view on it. I don't have much faith now based on surveyors comments based on the information I have given him. If the mortgage company picks up on it then they may have a problem with it and then I will have to deal with it again when I sell it on. Seems like too much hassle now.

Sponsored Links
And how many times does that happen?

Loads of times

Once the council are on notice, then they have a duty to act. Now that may mean no action or it may mean a contravention notice, and the requirement to deal with it faster than the OP would prefer. So why tempt fate unnecessarily?

So the wise people, will ask the questions in a way not to raise suspicion or invite investigation. And then it can be dealt with at leisure ... and a more formal approach to the council made at the OP's choosing not the councils

loads of times, loads of times, loads of times, loads of times, loads of times, so they can - I have said it loads of times :)

I would not be believing the vendor in anything they say about meeting regs, get a decent builder or surveyor of your own to look at it. The mortgage co's surveyor will only be after making sure their inestment is safe and that pick up on all sorts of stuff and say you need it inspecting by someone else.

Sponsored Links
I was in a similar situation 10 years ago when house hunting. We took a structural engineer round with us and a builder friend. They noted inadequate joists, lack of front velux windows, non-fire reg doors. Their opinion was that if care hadn't been taken on these essential aspects, what else was there to find? (they did find a ton of other faults in the rest of the building as well, including the kitchen extension. It was a lot cheaper than a surveyor and very eye-opening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back