oil boiler blowing rcd on ignition........help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
we have a worcester danesmore oil boiler 15 years been brilliant untill christmas eve.........
she will post purge fine then as she goes into the start up sequnce she runs right up to the ignition point( i think ) then the rcd trips.
struggling to find a local guy to come out untill next week just wonderd if there was anything i could look at as i have a load of spares from a friends old boiler i could try replacing.........
hope this makes sense and thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Unplug the solenoid and fire the boiler up, if it goes to lock out rather than tripping the rcd then replace the coil.
Look at the transformer to see if it's deformed.

Post back if no joy...

Sponsored Links
whoopie doo.......
just disconnected the solanoid and we are now on lockout.
next question mate were is the coil!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks for you speady response we have been freeezin since xmas eve!

must be my lucky day........popped the old coil from my mates boiler on and were up an running............
massive thanks casius66 i owe you a pint or several.happy new year

Sorry popped off to watch a couple of DVD's with the kids (Star Trek & Transformers) - glad I could help ;)
Should've checked that you knew what the (solenoid)coil was too

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back