Oil boiler control box - please advise?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My ancient Panda 55 boiler, with an Inter 10 burner, uses a Danfoss BHO11.1 control box which I appreciate is long obsolete.
I gather that a suitable replacement is an OBC82.10 control box, but someone told me that it too, is obsolete.
Would there be any problems replacing the thing with a Satronic TF832 which needs a MZ770 photocell - or better still, using an 832 with a Danfoss LDS cell?
I'd really appreciate any comments or indeed alternatives!
Many thanks
John :)

Sponsored Links
Either of those will do and will be the cheapest option. You will need to modify the wiring slightly as the BHO had a permanent live with the thermostat switching a loop.

Many thanks indeed for your reply!
I have 3 BHO's with me - one that has a blown capacitor inside, pending repair; one that has a spasmodic fault that I can't identify and one that is holding up for now.
I've a spare burner too so I can faff with that at my leisure to test my modified system.
Cheers again
John :)

Sponsored Links
The spasmodic fault will probably the failure of a holding coil under heat, like pump solenoid coils. As a boiler technician, it never made sense to delve too far into a BHO failure as replacement with a current set-up was quick, comparatively cheap, and more to the point, reliable.

Must agree re spending to much time on old burners.
We go one step further as we change better than 2 oil boilers a week always have a decent rdb burner about swap and away.

Due to the width of the Panda (300mm) means that the Inter 10 has to stay. A B9A would go in, but I’d have to modify the door.
Happily all parts are available including the drive spline which is a weak spot.
John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back