oil tank 30 minute fire fence

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Any suggestions for methods of achieving the regulation 30 minute fire protection for an oil tank?

Where I plan to put the tank is next to my garden wall so I have the 30 minutes at the boundary. However, it it <1.8m to the house wall and the nearest window/door. Hence I need to install another wall (and I need something to hide the tank too).

The garden wall would go around 2 sides so I don't think bricking up the 3rd side is a good idea. That would make access a bit tricky. I think something like a fence panel that can be removed if necessary would be best.

Suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Any more than 10in and I would be building in front of the (back of the) house. I want something as compact as possible. Hence I want the fence about 6in from the tank. Just a little bit of clearance. Bricking the tank in seems a bit final.

Some options I'm looking at are fence panels with masterclad board on the back (or would it have to be the front?). Or corrugated metal which these days comes painted in various colours. Some plants in font and it might look ok.

If I need to get access to the tank, or replace it, then these could be unscrewed. A wall would have to be pulled down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back