OK - I give in

I do more browsing than posting, normally any question I have I can find using the search facility but I feel inclined to post in this thread.

I do agree that the Moderators seem to moderate in an uneven manner, and this perception is compounded by the fact that quite often the Moderators do not explain their actions, they blindly refer members to the rules, which in my huble opinion is lazy. Since I have been viewing this site I have seen a number of very personal attacks on members which the Moderators have failed to act upon. Recently there were a couple of threads aimed directly at attacking one member, Big Spark. Now I am not going to enter a debate as to why he and others have fallen out, I have read some of his posts and can see that he too, like many here, needs to step back and take a chill pill.

My point is that the threads I speak of were deliberate and personal attacks, yet they were not locked or even in reciept of a Moderator warning, consideing the maner of the Moderators interference in other topics, this is hypocrasy and Ban-All-Sheds is right in his original observations about the manner of moderation on the site.

However, without wishing to take sides or seemingly have a go at anyone, I do think that the views in this thread by many are on the wrong side of hypocrasy, many of those posting in this thread are guilty of personal attacks and insults on other members, and many have occured in thread after thread after thread.

What I would say is that if you don't agree with someones views, post a reply only if you can do so without personal comments, it is totally unnecessary to attack a person for having views different from yours, even if they are totally wrong in your opinion.

I will end this on a personal note to Ban-All-Sheds, if Sloggers views are so offensive to you, the may I be so bold as to suggest you simply ignore his posts as they obviously wind you up. I have read many of his comments, and I find them ill-informed and purile, but I choose to ignore them as I refuse to allow myself to sink into the anarchy of tit for tat posts on such emotive subjects, life is simply way too short for such triviality.

Sponsored Links
Well you could say if anyone has a problem with the forum to go else where after all there are loads of them out there I personally think this is well balanced and the mods do a good job of not interfering too much, I hate it when threads get locked, your right slogger could be ignored but he's really a kind, sensitive sort of chap and we value his input, every now and then it gets overheated but mostly its a place of peaceful meditation. :D ;)

ohhmmm ohhhhm ohhhhhmm ohhhhhmmm

sorry cant talk doing me yoga ohhhhmmm ohhhhhhmmm :LOL:

Slogger said:
ohhmmm ohhhhm ohhhhhmm ohhhhhmmm

sorry cant talk doing me yoga ohhhhmmm ohhhhhhmmm :LOL:
That's actually quite amusing, even if it pains me to admit it.

Sponsored Links
DDoyle said:
I do more browsing than posting, normally any question I have I can find using the search facility but I feel inclined to post in this thread.

I do agree that the Moderators seem to moderate in an uneven manner, and this perception is compounded by the fact that quite often the Moderators do not explain their actions, they blindly refer members to the rules, which in my huble opinion is lazy. Since I have been viewing this site I have seen a number of very personal attacks on members which the Moderators have failed to act upon. Recently there were a couple of threads aimed directly at attacking one member, Big Spark. Now I am not going to enter a debate as to why he and others have fallen out, I have read some of his posts and can see that he too, like many here, needs to step back and take a chill pill.

My point is that the threads I speak of were deliberate and personal attacks, yet they were not locked or even in reciept of a Moderator warning, consideing the maner of the Moderators interference in other topics, this is hypocrasy and Ban-All-Sheds is right in his original observations about the manner of moderation on the site.

However, without wishing to take sides or seemingly have a go at anyone, I do think that the views in this thread by many are on the wrong side of hypocrasy, many of those posting in this thread are guilty of personal attacks and insults on other members, and many have occured in thread after thread after thread.

What I would say is that if you don't agree with someones views, post a reply only if you can do so without personal comments, it is totally unnecessary to attack a person for having views different from yours, even if they are totally wrong in your opinion.

I will end this on a personal note to Ban-All-Sheds, if Sloggers views are so offensive to you, the may I be so bold as to suggest you simply ignore his posts as they obviously wind you up. I have read many of his comments, and I find them ill-informed and purile, but I choose to ignore them as I refuse to allow myself to sink into the anarchy of tit for tat posts on such emotive subjects, life is simply way too short for such triviality.

F#ck off !!! :D

Steady Freddy or was it fast Freddy? That was a load of typing you just trashed... tsk,tsk ... :LOL:

Freddie, you are truly the master of comedy timing. Reeespect.

regarding burchill aging ...

I am sure we have all remained the "Adonis look" all these yrs....YEAH RIGHT! LOL

post who you look like !!!!

if your man enough ...

I am called "Cottee !" on my old estate an pubs as I look very similar to Tony Cottee,Im told all the time

http://www.sporting-heroes.net/football-heroes/displayhero_club.asp?HeroID=465

I even grew a tache in my youth to stop the similarity which had me being called cottee-whiskas..lol...can't win can you ..lol

I'm told I look like Lord Bath,
been mistook for him a couple of times but also told I look like that irish chef Paul Rankin
chef.jpg
[/url]
alex.jpg

someone told me I looked like clint eastwood but that was a lot of years ago but thats my favorite.

Richardp

are you a beardy ?
I think Paul Rankin aint a bad looking fella ...manly, rugged dude ....;)

Sponsored Links
Back