Old Anglian UPVC door latch strike plate mystery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Back in 2007, Anglian Home Improvements installed some windows and doors at my property. In fairness to Anglian, they're still performing well except for one minor problem. The latch strike plate on one of the doors has broken. I'm looking for a replacement part (as opposed to a whole new lock assembly or door) but this is proving difficult. I'm hoping someone on here might recognise the part and can point me in the direction of a supplier who might have 'new old stock' or someone who keeps a handy supply of used parts. I've attached a photo of the broken part. The only clue is that the plate has 'CB 62' stamped on it (there are no other markings) and the distance between the two screw holes is approximately 54mm. Even if someone can suggest who would have manufactured this part then that would be a helpful clue (such as Yale / Lockmaster, etc). I have previously spoken to Anglian and they told me that the locks they used back then are no longer fitted and that they don't carry spares for locks of this age :rolleyes:. I have looked online and while there are dozens of similar looking parts form different manufactures, none of them that I can see are correct. Your help would be very much appreciated - thank you!

IMG_7130.jpg

Sponsored Links
Whats the distance between the screw hole centres?

Hi. The distance between the screw hole centres is 54 mm. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Forgive my scrappy writing but this is probably more helpful. Thanks.

image0-4.jpeg

The lock master has 53mm screw spacing ? You could be a little out on your measurement . They are 70mm long but you could grind of a couple of mm to fit?

The Anglian door lock mechanism is a Fullex SL16, a starting point for striker plates maybe searching for Fullex possibly, I repaired an Anglian striker with the same issue as yours a couple of years ago, used a generic latch and took a 75mm grinder and a dremmel to it, been back to job numerous times and it still works a treat

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back