Old Bath, 22mm Taps not 3/4, no flexi connectors? Help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have searched all over for this, but can't find anything.

I have an old cast iron bath, with taps that have a 22mm thread, NOT 3/4 inch. How do I know ? Well I bought some 3/4 to 22mm flexi tap connectors from screwfix, and the 3/4 tap connector does not fit, but 22mm nut fits the tape screw.

What I can't find is any tape connector that is 22mm to 22mm, or any connector that goes from 22mm female to 3/4 male, checked screwfit but they only have female to female or male to male.

Should these taps even exist??? I am going mad trying to find a connector,can any one help please? The other choice is using 22mm copper pipe to connect the taps, but trying to avoid this if possible.

Thank you to any one who has any knowledge of what I am after :)

[/b]

Sponsored Links
Hi

If the 22mm copper pipe fit inside taps then this is the only way.

Some taps has 22mm, other taps has 3/4inch. You could change the taps.

Dan.

i didnt know you could get taps with 22mm threads, i thought all taps were BSP thread, ie 1/2" and 3/4", oh well you live and learn

cut the pipes below the tap connectors and fit a 22mm x 3/4" MI then fit your flexis.
compression20to20mi.jpg

Sponsored Links
cut the pipes below the tap connectors and fit a 22mm x 3/4" MI then fit your flexis.
compression20to20mi.jpg

I thought he's talking about connecting a 22mm copper pipe to a 22mm thread taps? He tried to use a flex connector to connect from 22mm copper pipe to 3/4in taps but he found that the tap is 22mm.

I've seen some old taps has 22mm.

compression20to20mi.jpg

I thought he's talking about connecting a 22mm copper pipe to a 22mm thread taps? He tried to use a flex connector to connect from 22mm copper pipe to 3/4in taps but he found that the tap is 22mm.

I've seen some old taps has 22mm.

Hi, thanks, yeah this is exactly it, old taps with 22mm thread...looks like the only way is to use pipe not flexi, thanks for the responses guys!

My fault for getting hold of an old cast iron bath and thinking it is a good idea using it......have the lead pipe overflow to deal with next!

stardanny ;)

well i thought the bath was already fitted with existing pipework/connectors etc and he just wanted to change it to flexis. :oops:

That's confused me.. 22mm compression fitting nuts usually have a 3/4" BSP thread....
Some fittings do use a finer thread, something like 26mm X 1mm pitch, which would probably be close enough to a 1" X 26 TPI British Standard Brass thread for the nut to fit.

OP - When you say the tap connector doesn't fit, is it completely the wrong size, just fractionally larger or smaller, or the right size, but with the wrong pitch thread?

Bearing in mind a 1/2" BSP thread is about 21mm diameter, and a 3/4" BSP thread is about 26.5mm diameter, have you been supplied with 22mm X 1/2" tap connectors in error?

That's confused me.. 22mm compression fitting nuts usually have a 3/4" BSP thread....
Some fittings do use a finer thread, something like 26mm X 1mm pitch, which would probably be close enough to a 1" X 26 TPI British Standard Brass thread for the nut to fit.

OP - When you say the tap connector doesn't fit, is it completely the wrong size, just fractionally larger or smaller, or the right size, but with the wrong pitch thread?

Bearing in mind a 1/2" BSP thread is about 21mm diameter, and a 3/4" BSP thread is about 26.5mm diameter, have you been supplied with 22mm X 1/2" tap connectors in error?

Hi, the tap connector is just fractionally too small, got the screwfit wrapper here for the connector, 22mm Valve * 3/4 * 500 * 13mm.

deleted

As silly as this will sound are sure that there is not still fitted a 3/4fi by copper fitting still attached to the tap tails.

I would really like to see a picture of the tap tails as anything other than than a BSP thread would be a first.

but as noted above you live and learn.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back