old boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a problem with a glow worm space saver 38. When it is turned on it fires up runs for 2 to 3 minuets and then turns off. The pump looks like it is going and have 3 rads downstairs. Problem started when i bled one rad.
Water runs from 2 rads but not the one I bled

Sponsored Links
the tank is 3/4 full and can hear it fill when i open the other two rads, third is still dry, is it possible rad is blocked stoping the flow of water

Sponsored Links
brianfrost said:
don't know welder not plumber, good with big hammers,can you help

True. Big hammers solve any problems. I myself have resorted to big hammers in times of desperation. At all other times skillfully prescise.

not much help used hammer, can any help,blocked coold water feed, need to no how to clesr it, geting desparet wife on my back :cry:

brianfrost said:
not much help used hammer, can any help,blocked coold water feed, need to no how to clesr it, geting desparet wife on my back :cry:

You could try tapping it, blowing it out with compressed air can or backfilling it with a hosepipe between the ball valve and stuck down the vent. The reality is though you will need to cut out the section and replace it....don't forget to syphon the water out of the header tank first though.

how would i find the block section to cut it out,and if i was to backfill it would that be from a rad, the block looks like it is between the pump and tank

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back