Old Conservatives don't understand

Sponsored Links
As part of a diverse solution, yes.

But that doesn't mean private landlords are necessary.
So take any little town with high unemployment. All the private landlords pull out or go bankrupt. What then ?

Not per say. They have filled a void as a money making opportunity.
I’ve not even suggested they are kind hearted have I?

And as I’ve just said, remove all private landlords and then what ?

I see all this first hand.

Sponsored Links
So take any little town with high unemployment. All the private landlords pull out or go bankrupt. What then ?

Who is paying the landlords, in your scenario?

The council?
The government?

Unless your landlords are taking zero profit, it would be cheaper if the whole lot became social housing, would it not?

And millions are slums which need too much investment to make them liveable.
And private landlords are maintaining millions and millions of houses for the uk population

I see generations or renters.

And private landlords are maintaining millions and millions of houses for the uk population
I don't think anyone has claimed they aren't. It doesn't necessarily mean they are the best solution.

Unless your landlords are taking zero profit, it would be cheaper if the whole lot became social housing, would it not?
I agree and this is how it all started. The counci should house more people.

The council pays rent in my world. I see a lot of private renters too. A lot are happy to live and not worry about the house etc as it’s built into their rent.

I don't think anyone has claimed they aren't. It doesn't necessarily mean they are the best solution.
And I’ve never said that either.

Unfortunately it’s a business model. One which the government supported.

When houses used to cost 10k in certain areas and rent was £300 a month, Why wouldn’t people become a landlord ?

are you saying councils cant build council houses ?
The financial system means that effectively they can't...

And that's probably because the private sector developers are big nasty party donors ;)

And that's probably because the private sector developers are big nasty party donors ;)
what do you mean, they either can or they cant
my local council has built hundreds over the past 15 years

Well that's bollucks really because if private landlords cam profit from housing, why can't councils?

Well that's bollucks really because if private landlords cam profit from housing, why can't councils?
Because of the lack of funding they receive in the first place...

Plus add in right to buy and they lose the asset to the private sector anyway...

That's the reality of the situation!

Linky Linky

Sponsored Links
Back