Old Conservatives don't understand

Through investment. If private landlords can and do build and maintain a property portfolio, why can’t councils ?
Because councils are prevented from doing so :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Lots of reasons like borrowing caps and lack of funding. Under RTB they may also have to sell them soon after building them, at a loss.
I’m aware, I’m saying privatisation has been caused by this and BTL landlords have reaped the benefits until now.

We’ve all seen rows of terraces houses knocked down ? Landlords prevent this to a certain extent.

Not really, new builds are thrown up in every single town ?

People can’t get on the property landlord, so incomes the BTL landlord.

Take away BTL and what do you have? A housing shortage.

And a lot of private landlords buy new builds.

Fair points.

Although, without the. BTL landlords, the market might just chill down enough to allow private buyers to "get on the ladder".

Sponsored Links
Fair points.

Although, without the. BTL landlords, the market might just chill down enough to allow private buyers to "get on the ladder".
A sad fact but a lot of people don’t and won’t work. I hear them say “I’m getting paid tomorrow” They have no ambition to get on the property market so a BTL landlord has a solution.

And for good reason : they were slums (I know : I had the dubious pleasure of surveying shoiteloads of them, in the early part of the millennium).
But what made them become slums.

It’s a vicious circle and social housing needs are being met by private landlords on a massive scale.

A sad fact but a lot of people don’t and won’t work. I hear them say “I’m getting paid tomorrow” They have no ambition to get on the property market so a BTL landlord has a solution.

Which is a different issue to "can't".

Both the desire to rent, and the desire to buy, should be realistically achievable.

They were a hundred years old, and therefore dark, damp, draughty, and not suitable for current day living.

My house is 130 years old and dry as a bone! The mirror I’m looking at is from 1890 too

It’s about maintenance, which ia another service landlords offer

Landlords are a necessity, like it or not

That's a third sector.

Some people have no desire to own, even though they could afford to.

Some people own, as they have no desire to pay someone else's mortgage.

Some want, or need, supporting.
So landlords are needed on more than one level then ?

My house is 130 years old and dry as a bone! The mirror I’m looking at is from 1890 too

It’s about maintenance, which ia another service landlords offer

Landlords are a necessity, like it or not

Is yours a terrace?

Sponsored Links
Back