old hardware..

I

imamartian

anyone got any suggestions of what to do with old gadgets? For example i have an old tape video camera, a mini disk player.. etc. can't imagine they'd sell on ebay... i won't use them again.... can't imagine charities wanting them.... do i just bin them?

Sponsored Links
Most charity shops won't take electrical stuff because they have to have a sparky give it a test which usually costs more than they will get for flogging it.

I had a perfectly good HP all-in-one printer that worked fine and even had new cartridges in but four charity shops in town would not take it, so I stored it for a while, then gave it away to a neighbour who was having probs with his Epson and asked for help.

Your local household waste recycling centre looks the best bet.

dave

If you have one, join your local Freecycle group on the internet where people give away things for free that they don't want to people who can use them and, conversely, you can get free items in return :D

dave
Ahh yes................Those lazy f*ckers.
They watch old ladies struggle with heavy bags of waste.......
Their ar*ses remain firmly glued to their deckchairs.........
BUT.......
They soon jump up and help off-load the items they spot as profitable, to stack neatly behind their cabin....??????? :rolleyes:

Those ones...???? ;)

Sponsored Links
dave
Ahh yes................Those lazy f*ckers.
They watch an old lady struggle with a bag of waste.......
Their ar*ses still glued to their deckchairs.........
BUT.......They soon jump up and help off-load the items they spot as profitable, to put neatly behind their cabin....???????

Those ones...???? ;)

ohhhh and there was me thinking it was just mine :rolleyes:

Take them to a local auction house - Among the dross there are gems . Garrard 401 deck - £50 , resale £500 :eek: OLD Tannoy corner spkr. -£75 .resale £100`s , Though your newer stuff might be dross :cry:

If you have one, join your local Freecycle group on the internet where people give away things for free that they don't want to people who can use them and, conversely, you can get free items in return :D

A mate of mine signed up for Freecycle... Now every time he opens his email client his inbox receives about a million emails all from Freecycle. Letting him know every item available for swap etc. He doesn't want to miss certain items, but Freecycle doesn't allow you to set preferences for this. ;) ;) ;) ;)

Freecycle can be brilliant - Corner "jacuzzi" bath for instance ;) installed in my house now - just the van hire to collect it :!:

Freecycle is good - I have been a member of freecycle for a long time but have given away more than received. You can opt how to receive messages - I have opted just to keep checking the yahoo group (all freecycles are set up as yahoo groups) so don't get loads of e-mails.

I have also taken my old gadets to the local college, so the electronic and computer geeks can mess around with them.

Sponsored Links
Back