old plastic water pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my daughter has just bought a house and there is a leak in cylinder cupboard. i was going to fix it for her today but found that the leak was on the cold water pipe, and the cold water pipe is in plastic about 17mm approx, with glued fittings. is there a fitting i can buy to convert to 15mm copper?

Sponsored Links
Not heard of 17mm before-if its anywhere near 16mm then you can get a 16mm-15mm compression adaptor which would do what you need-best get an accurate measurment and go from there.

think it probably is 16mm. where can i buy the 16mm-15mm compression fitting from? thanx

Sponsored Links
djones said:
think it probably is 16mm. where can i buy the 16mm-15mm compression fitting from? thanx

I know that plumb center do them cos I always keep a couple in stock after one evening I mistakenly cut into a 16mm rising main with my pipeslice :eek:

Hi

If it is Durapipe then compression will crack it as it's very brittle.

You would need a male or female iron to Durapipe to get to copper.

I'm sure there is a block of flats in Battersea by the river done in this stuff so fittings must be available.

Thanet.

where abouts in the u.k are you situated, if you are in london there is supposed to be a place in brimsdown near enfield that sells those fittings, i came across it once before in canning town area of london, and it was a nightmare to locate a fitting for it, so in the end we reused the old one by getting the broken pipe stuck in the fitting out and reusing old fitting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back