old school solar system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my mate who can't use a computer has replaced a leaking dual coil cylinder on a solar system. its approx install date was 77.

the problem is, on the lower part of the cylinder there is a pair of grey wires that he says is the return temp sensor or low limit, i agree with him. they are inserted into a pocket in the cylinder that is attached to a foil. he had no details of the make/model. the grey wires are not functioning because they were damaged by the leaking cylinder.

anyone have any ideas on how to re-wire a low temp sensor for the solar system?

Sponsored Links
a sensor is a sensor, if its not damaged but the wiring is then just repair the 2 wires, if its knackered you need to replace it knowing it actual value
(I'd guess it to be 10k)

western automation ltd are a good source for replacement sensors ;)

It all depends on the control unit and what temperature sensor it expects.

A good guide is that it is most likely to be the same resistance as any other sensors used on the system.

Tony

Sponsored Links
my mate who can't use a computer has replaced a leaking dual coil cylinder on a solar system. its approx install date was 77.

Shucks, and he probably hasn't recovered the initial cost yet, now there's another lump to add on. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back