Old Service Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just fitted both drum bearings and seal but I am not sure about the wiring to the heater element and two other small devices that I had to disconnect, all eight are black with white lettering, two have just the letter R, two have T30, two have T60 and two have T90.

I have tried to find some sort of wiring diagram but to no avail, can someone please help me. :confused:

(Not sure of the model but there is a picture of the washer and one of the back of the drum in my album)

Ok I have just found the Model Number, 3094

[/img]

Sponsored Links
The two wires marked R go to the heating element,the others to the thermostats.If one of the thermostats has two terminals this is the 60 stat.If the other thermostat has four terminals this is the 30/90 thermostat.

Thanks for the reply assuhors, the thermostats are as you say 2 terminal and four.

On the four terminal thermostat, do the T 30 wires go to the top or bottom or does it not matter as long they are connected to the same cut out circuit.

If you wire up the 30/90 thermostat the wrong way you will boil up your washing.It is possible to work out which is which if you have a meter.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have not got a meter so it might have to be be trial by error, I will let you know the outcome.

Hi assuhors, well I first put the T 90 wires to the top and the T 30 wires to the bottom of the thermostat, ran the washer and no heating of water took place, so I reversed the wiring and tried again and it is now heating up ok. So thanks for your help on this matter.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back