old window sills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house was built in 1928and I've stripped the outside window sills down to paint that was probably applied in 1936 and seems to be welded on. All loose or flaking paint has been removed.This remaining paint is in fairly large sections. However, I imagine that being that stubborn it may not be necessary to remove it,nevertheless the uneven surface means that there are low spots of around 0.004"-0.008", about the depth of one or two sheets of A4 print paper, which will stand out like a sore thumb if I apply more paint. Is there any proprietary filler that can be easily spread over the sill that would create an even surface that could, if necessary, be sanded to blend with the existing surface without coming off or breaking away from the surface? Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
He`s beat me again ;) Easy Sand car body filler - it`s easier ;)

Many thanks for your mutually agreed suggestion, and what a brilliant idea!! Many thanks to you both

David

Sponsored Links
Ronseal used to make a kit that had hardner, filler etc in it. Quite dear for what it was, but the good body filler is just as good and cheaper.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back