Old Worcester Boiler Burner Issues

Sponsored Links
Look in the FAQ on this site for details of how to see if the pump is working and how to spin it to free it if its seized up but still trying to turn.

Tony

ok, so i found the part you're refering too and it is open.... i'm still convinced the problem is something to do with the boiler being drained down recently and that i haven't done something correct to re-pressurise it.

when i just tried it again i noticed the pressure in the boiler went up to about two bar and the pressure needle was jumping about a lot before the crazy noise started and the boiler shut down

one thing i'm slightly puzzled on is that there are two taps beneath my combi.

one is the cold water feed the other is i beleive something to do with hot water overflow into central heating system (or the other way around).... does this tap need to be fully clockwise, fully anti clockwise or somewhere in the middle.....

any help is appreciated!

cheers
col

when i just tried it again i noticed the pressure in the boiler went up to about two bar and the pressure needle was jumping about a lot before the crazy noise started and the boiler shut down

check expansion vessel precharge and the pump

the valves wont make any difference ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back