Olive Puller

oilman said:
I doubt the gorrilas that neck pipes on vented systems, on the connections to radiator valves would be able to explain why they need it so tight to prevent it blowing off, AND on the top floor of a 2 storey building. That doesn't seem like reasoned actions to me.

Okaaay, I would tend to agree with the second sentence. The difference between us, however, is that your prepared to stumble onwards, waving your doubt (sic.) and your blunt prejudice in front of you and trailing strident and poisoned hypocrisy in your wake. The original posting was about removing an olive on a shower supply, which is a nightmare scenario when (for whatever reason) you can't get to the pipework on the other side of the wall.

oilman said:
Interesting that I can get a compression fitting to hold 10 bar on a hydraulic test for 30 mins, and I can still move the olive when I undo the joint.

Again with the sarcasm. In what way is that "interesting"? To me it's dull, and so too it would be to the customer whose possessions are all moist as a result of a fitting pulling off under pressure. It happens, and if you haven't seen it then you just haven't seen it. Nor have you dug yourself out of the crater blown by your original misguided comment, viz:

oilman said:
If some gorilla has managed to put a neck in the pipe, the olive puller won't work.

In your quirky way you're quite right, of course. In a situation where the olive puller won't work, the olive puller won't work. You must think that there are people out there who don't know that. Oh! I've just realised: maybe you're addressing the gorillas whom you so despise? Perhaps the moderator will introduce a new category for this, such as "Stating the obvious"? You could then catalogue all the scenarios when it's no good trying to use a particular tool, and tag everyone who isn't you with a disparouging label.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back