one coat over plasterboard

Sponsored Links
I'm not a lover of one coat plaster, and wouldn't use it on p/board, rather bonding coat/multi finish, but if your loft is dry etc, and the plasterboard is well fixed/sound, then i don't see a problem in plastering it. I must admit, i've never seen a loft that's been plastered, (apart from a convertion) but i'm sure there must be some that have had it done it?? Is this a convertion??

i skimmed a loft recently that had been insulated with celotex and boarded by a company i was working for, just went in and skimmed it.

does need to be converted though, you're right RC, won't last 5 mins if not.

Hey TM,, there was some awkward angles to plaster there,, it looks good though, very tidy workmanship,, you're a good spread. ;)
Yes, the OP,,,, i don't know whether Jamsie has just boarded a loft and wants to skim it for the sake of it, (tidy it up) or whether it's an ongoing project/convertion.

Sponsored Links
thanks chaps! :D

more the balls of my feet that hurt, was pretty much skimming crouching down the whole time, had to skim with a pointing trowel for most areas!! be a while before i break that in enough.

anyway OP, didn't mean to hijack the thread.

have you converted?

Thanks for your reply's, it's not a conversion but have put 2 velux windows in ' insulated roof and stregthened the floor, it is dry but building regs state storage only, will probably use but not very often would i be better dry lining and paint.

you mean taping the joints and painting? quite possibly as it's only for storage.

ideally for taping and jointing you should have tapered edge boards so you can tape and fill it flush, if you're taping square edged boards then you've got some feathering to do which is trickier.

still, as it's only storage then maybe give it a go, won't be as good as having it plastered but cheaper and less work.

see what the other guys think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back