one fan two toilets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guy's

We have been asked to fit a toilet extract to two separate toilets. They want one fan/duct which is fine but how do we control it to operate on/off but with two light switches or passives etc?

We won't be wiring as they have a site electrician -but he's on holiday and I need to get the kit ordered.

Any suggestions most welcome

Cheers

Richard

Sponsored Links
If the toilet areas are dependent on switched lighting you could also consider the use of a changeover relay to power the fan.

V

easily done .

take switchline from each room to fan,dont take it from the light,take it from the switch.then use double pole switches.one switchline for light,1 switchline for fan.this stops room A backfeeding room B when you activate the switch in the relevant room
materials list:
2x double pole switches
1x 3 pole fan isolator
1x remote timer
backboxes for the above
sparks should have the necessary cable in the back of the van.

need a bit more info on how you intend to site the fan

Sponsored Links
best get two fans

or if its a room with two individual toilets have a light for use when going in and start the fan from this

Using double pole switches is the norm for this. VERY common in commercial apps.

I thank those who have assisted. I shall now proceed with the double pole switch option. This would work and as the sparks is still on first fix we can easily incorporate it.

Many thanks

Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back