One for Burnerman - Garden rotavator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I`ve got a Mountfield rotavator with a Lauson engine - lovely bit of kit that stands me @ £80 including having it repaired by a mowerman ( last year, as I needed it running quick . This year I looked @ the points because the top crankshaft oil seal had let oil into the points tray :rolleyes: . Can`t have had more than a few hours use since it was made in the 60`s .( I bought it @ auction ) But as I want to get 20 years out of it :eek: I`m looking to get a replacement engine @ some point because even the techmuser techunstay - Red Indian ;) engine that was apparently fitted to later ones - is pretty much obsolete too . What`s the best engine to look out for :?: Cheers, Nige.

Sponsored Links
I agree with Spraggo - presumably your machine has a horizontal crankshaft so one of the Briggs 550 series should be fine.
Do measure the crankshaft diameter, of course.
www.Briggsbits.co.uk are very helpful people.
John :)

Thanks for the links , guys - it`s got a vertical crank so I`ll look @ rotary mowers with good engines but knackered bodies

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back