one hour cut out for central heating timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The heading seems odd, but so is the situation.
I have a house I let rooms out in. The tenants have access to trip the central heating on when it has not been actuated by the timer, a fair option. After many attempts at education, I now am fed up with finding that the heating has been on for hours when there is either no one in the house, or it is overnight.
What I am looking for is a timer that can be incorporated to give them the ability to have the heating on outside of the time control, but have to trip it again after an hour.
The boiler is a Halstead Finest Gold, access to the timer and trip is by lowering a panel at the front (as normal).
Has anybody got a sensible suggestion, especially if they have come across a similar situation?
planenut

Sponsored Links
There are a lot off manufacturers that incorporate a boost button on there timers this can bring the boiler on for between one and three hours .But you still have to educate them to just press the boost button instead of the other buttons.. Hortsman , Danfoss ,Landis an Staefa and Siemens are some of the makes you can get either at plumb centre or B Q etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back