Potterton EP2000 Timer Fault????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking for some technical advice please.

We have a Potterton EP2000 heating timer connected to the central heating / hot water system in our house. As of late, the central heating continues to demand even though the timer has stopped. I have to reduce the room thermostat setting to cancel the demand. After several hours, I am able to return the thermostat setting to its original setting and the timer works correctly until the next time the timer is required to work where the same thing happens.

I have tried a spare EP2000 unit which worked ok for 2 weeks but now the same thing is happening. I have read that the back up battery (which in both units have expired) plays a part in the timer control but suspect this is false information. Can you identify this as a timer fault where the whole unit will need replacing?

Many thanks in advance,

Sponsored Links
I have tonight checked all the terminals in the rear of the timer and to the Salamander wiring centre - all is ok. Also the 3 way valve is wired correctly for mid-position

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back