one large radiator down to 2 smaller ones.

lb2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi, I'm moving into a house soon that has a large bedroom that im going to run a stud wall through to split into 2 rooms. ( medium bedroom and add an office). The existing large bedroom has just one big radiator, which will need to be removed as it's where the wall is going to land. I have read about not teeing off 10mm to add another new large radiator, but cant find anything about removing the original radiator and replacing with two smaller ones - keeping the overall output roughly the same. its a newish build (2016) so well insulated. will this work ?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Any chance the old radiator can go on the new wall and then just T off to a smaller radiator on the other side. You could go double and single.

Don't forget to consider windows and light.

currently its a big room with 2 windows and the radiator in the middle of the 2. the new wall need to go between and want to put a radiator under each wall. i reckon 2 single panel ones will happily do it.

Sponsored Links
[QUOTE=". i reckon 2 single panel ones will happily do it.
[/QUOTE]
Why not go mad and do proper heat loss calculations? Lots available on line .
You can get 2 rads working of I pair of 10mm chances are will require system rebalanced.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back