One man brake bleeder kit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got this Sealey product?

I have all the brakes to bleed on a 2011 Polo after changing the master cylinder and rather than do loads of pedal pumping with a bleeder tube, this just seems easier for one man operation, provided of course it fits the reservoir top. The fellows on YT pressure the system first to see if there's any pipe leaks.

Sponsored Links
I have the Gunsons equivalent (that gets pressure from the spare tyre) and it does work well - the same principle as this one but not as posh!
Pedal pumping is all very well but falls flat at the ABS pump - which needs some extra help to get the fluid through.
Do ensure all of the bleed valves can be opened, of course before you start.....!
I also have a device that sucks the fluid through from the bleed nipples and this too works well - it gets its vacuum from my compressor. Hand operated pumps are available too.
I must confess - I have changed master cylinders and bled from the top......pressurising the cylinder and leaving the pipe unions loose has the same effect - obviously if the pipes are empty then this is a non starter but there's no real reason for this to happen. This is a saviour if the bleed nipples down below have snapped off o_O
On a completely dry system, pedal pumping just isn't enough.
I hope it goes well!
John :)

Thanks John

The lines still have fluid in them so will see how it goes. Will post the outcome.

Sponsored Links
Usually use the sealey vs020 suction type, (possibly similar to 1 Burnerman uses) but only any use if you have a compressor. Can be used to pull diesel through systems too so has multi use.

Never been a fan of the pressure bleeders, but others like them.

I've invested in the Gunsons Eezibleed. Got it at ECP.

Will post back with my findings.

If it's something small I'm changing- a wheel cylinder for example- I just use the Gunsons without any fluid (master cylinder brimmed of course). Anything more adventurous it does get filled with fluid though!
John

My thinking is to only put fluid in the master's reservoir and use the Gunsons to pressure the fluid through the lines. Provided I don't allow the reservoir to empty, no air should get to the system from the Gunsons.

My thinking is to only put fluid in the master's reservoir and use the Gunsons to pressure the fluid through the lines. Provided I don't allow the reservoir to empty, no air should get to the system from the Gunsons.
Why? Are you trying to save half a litre of brake fluid? You can tip what you don’t use back into the bottle if that’s your concern.

I've invested in the Gunsons Eezibleed. Got it at ECP.
Not really an investment.

I gravity bleed. I test the outflow with a brake fluid tester to know when it is done. I hardly ever use brakes and my fluid stays looking like new even when water logged.

Gravity bleeding is fine.....so long as you haven’t interfered with the ABS pump - they always seem to air lock.
It’s a fair idea to bleed at least some of the fluid through every couple of years, and it does generally keep the bleed nipples mobile.
I plaster the nipples with grease after that.
John

my fluid stays looking like new even when water logged.
Needs flushing out and freshening.

Too much water in brake fluid is dangerous.  WILL give a spongy pedal, and likely to cause corrosion problems on abs pump, and likely to overheat and give the effects of brake fade

last couple of vag cars ive done with an eezi bleed ive struggled to get any meaningful flow out of the bleed nipples and resorted to the pedal.
Someone told me you need vw software to activate the abs valves to do it properly but ive not had any issues personally, this may be needed when doing a fluid change though.

Someone told me you need vw software to activate the abs valves to do it properly but ive not had any issues personally, this may be needed when doing a fluid change though.
Come to think of it, I think I may have seen that option on my diagnostic machine.

Sponsored Links
Back