One radiator is cold

Hello,

I have a similar problem - one cold radiator (upstairs, combi biolr downstairs) whilst others are piping hot - but some differences. I've taken off the TRV, the pin is up and the radiator remains cold. I bleed the radiator for about 20 mins and hot water eventually fills the radiator. I close off the bleed point and it goes cold again. The pipes to/fro the radiator are warm.

Any ideas please?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I followed the tips here but still the radiator remained cold.

There was a separate valve (not thermostatic) which was closed on the left. This required me to remove the plastic cap and unscrew the valve with pliers.

Still cold.

My problem was that I'd presumed that the way to fit the TRV was to insert the pin then screw the inner cap fully shut, then fit the outer cap at the off position (white circle). That's not right.

The way to fit the TRV is to fit the pin, then screw the inner cap in until you feel it starting to close the valve. Then fit the outer cap at the fully on position (black circle). You can continue to screw the TRV in to the fully closed position (past the snowflake and on to the white circle), but leave at fully on black until radiator hot (hopefully this will work for you too)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back