one sjhow co report

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there.
did anyone see the one show highlighting the co deaths caused by grill/oven doors closed during operation. im just curious how could a grill thats closed up produce that much co in a short time ? must have other issues here. ie kitchen with no window etc. only thing i use a grill for is sausage ,bit of fish, 10 mins max!!!where can i get a list of these models? ive gone to gassafe and cant find any relevant info on the models to lock out for.ive been telling all clients not to close grill door when cooking and make a note on gas cert

Sponsored Links
Grill on, Door Closed = lack of air for combustion causing huge amounts of Carbon monoxide ;)

but with door closed and lack of air, grill flame would virtually extinguish before enough co to kill surely.must be ventialtion issues here also. its a shame the hse never go into large detail on gas incidents . gas safe mag just has bad. may say gas explosion, never details what ignited it , how much mb drop was likey present or lenght of leak , pipework up/downstream cause!

Sponsored Links
there would be enough air even with the door closed to carry on combustion other wise it would go out as pointed out . the reason you could get high levels of co is due to the reburning of the original products of combustion . a gas appliance burning correctly with the correct amout of fresh air will burn realitivly clean with little to low levels of co . as soon as an appliance is burning already combusted air or the original products of combustion the level of co massivly increase creating life dangerous situations. it is beyond me why grills dont have o.s.d fitted . ifs its good enough for fires why not grills

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back