Ongoing central heating /water problem tradesmen baffled

Sounds like a sealed system boiler then, which means there's no secondary plate HEX. Landlord could be referring to the main heat exchanger, but I'm not sure what changing this will achieve.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a thermal store ( sludge bucket )
That would have a plate heat exchanger, and the other problems are typical of this sort of system.

Sounds like a typical Irish Heating system ... a complete mystery!! anyone who has seen one will understand ;)

if you have motorised valves and the heating one has packed up your rads will only work when your boiler comes on to do the hot water
run a bath and if the rads get hot then thats your problem
motorised vales are one or two little silver boxes beside you cylinder

Sponsored Links
Thermal Store, sludged up and no longer has the capacity of heat to keep up with demand from the radiators.
Hot water through plate heat exchanger scaled up, so little transference to mains water.
All is in shed so that oil boiler is not in the house.
Cannot believe that an electric shower is fed with hot water, but have seen stranger things in Ireland. Probably just a low rated shower which after 5 years is also scaled up.

Thanks for your replies.,

I am currently on my 5th shower, yes 5th shower in five years all of which were of a very high quality and expensive. the water pressure is so high it just eventually blows them.

Re the heating - the bath was run a while ago and all radiators went down an awful lot in terms of heat coming form them . I put the boost button on ie the hot water button and about an hour later they are all coming up to hot again.

I shall keep you informed of the outcome of the boiler man's visit tomorrow.

jaytee

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back