Open Pipe in Attic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, wondering if anyone can advise on this. I live in a top floor flat and in the attic I have an open pipe that has a trickle of water running out which is starting to wreck the ceiling. I have managed to protect the ceiling by putting cardboard etc down to absorb any water, but it's getting to the stage I need to do something about it. I've no idea what the pipe is, so hopefully someone will be able to advise. I have attached a couple of pics for review. I think it could be the main waste water pipe that runs down all the flats, but why would that be open in my attic? Cheers View media item 56679 View media item 56680

Sponsored Links
If it was a main waste pipe and it's uncapped, you would know from the smell! Try trace it back, it's not a good idea to simply cap it if you don't know what it does.

my guess it is connected to an extractor fan.

another note its not even 40mm looks like 4" soil pipe to me, and as stated not recommend to cap off, if it is connected to an extractor fan it needs to be vented to outside.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back