Opinion wanted: what would YOU do with this space?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, thanks for clicking. So .... In short: we want a "bigger" parking area...abit of space to walk around the car, getting kids in and out ect.

Were on a bit of a budget and totally diy.

Budget: up to £900-£1000

My thoughts were to fence off and dig out the grass, the "patio bit" and dig out to pavement level, fill with gravel. Apart from the bit 2foot away from the lounge window, which id leave at existing level and timber sleeper retaining wall to hold back. Make a nice flower bed. Problems i see with this is services, worries that gas electric water would only be a foot or so underground. The level to dig out would be about 18inch towards the house and a few inches to level at pavement. Would be absolutely fine IF (ITS A BIG IF?) services would be sufficiently underground at pavement level and remain at that level/trajectory into the house.. ie pavement level PLUS the earth. So once dugout its still as deep as it is at pavement level. If ANY of that makes sense lol.

Or... Another plan i could foresee, is to leave the grass alone. Dig out the "patio steps" and the bit of grass between them and the pavement and replace with block paving at the same levels and slope as the existing driveway, effectively making it wider by 2 meters. Make a nice smallish crescent step out from the house.

Or...any other idears you see?

Not necessarily after space for 2 cars.. just more space for the one.

Il try to get some better photos?

Would just be nice to see your idears guys.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240324-171639.png
    Screenshot_20240324-171639.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_20240131-142238.png
    Screenshot_20240131-142238.png
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20240324_185020696.jpg
    PXL_20240324_185020696.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 22
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back