Opinions on work quality please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I have just had a PV installation fitted and not very impressed with the job on the roof, I was under the impression the idea was to grind a bit out of tiles for the fixings so they sit properly, I would be grateful for any opinions on the quality of the job, I have posted a load of photos on my website at www.leomagill.co.uk/roof/ (click on thumbnails for full size photos), the photography is pretty poor.
Should I stop the cheque?
Below is an example of dislodged tiles around the chimney, they sat fine before.
SS853003.JPG

Sponsored Links
Not very professional, looks like the brackets are too close to the tiles profile therefore it's not centre on the flat base, not sure if your tiles have a bottom seat nibs then I would've cut them off as well. I'm not sure if the solar panels fitters are allow to cut any of your tiles

see where the tiles are that rest on the brackets tell the roofer to hit off like the nib thats resting on the bracket this with help them all sit flat

thats what making it look bad, get him to do what i says even point where the bracket is once hes dealt with the bottom nib on the bracket this will make all the other tiles sit flat

Sponsored Links
Hi

I wouldn't advise knocking the (lugs) of the tile as you will end up breaking the tile and needing replacments!

You would be best cutting them off with a 4inc angle grinder
to adapt the tile to sit down flat. This will stop breakages!

Did you have the roof checked before you had the panels
installed??? Your roof looks ready for re-roofing but now the
panels are on you will have trouble doing this. When the time
comes your going to have to remove the panels and then have
them installed all over again at even more cost!!

Hope this was of help.

Cheers RoofDry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back