Opinions please on this combi install? All ok? Pics attached

I would want him to upgrade the condense pipe to 32mm (lagging it looks carp) The gas pipe should be protected from the weather (denso or paint it ) Ask him what type of cattapult he used for his pointing :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
What an awful mess he's made of the pointing, it would be hard to make it look any worse. :cry:

I bet your plumber took the copper cylinder and left the plastic ones, I wonder why?

I agree, he lost interest in the end.

The magnacleans are expensive, make sure he's fitted one as you've paid for it.

Get him back, with shoddy workmanship like that he'll be expecting a call back.

Perhaps your answers went from helpful and constructive to silly and insulting because you are in a bad mood, perhaps something unpleasant happened to you today...

...I do hope so. :LOL:

Andy

:LOL: :LOL: We'll call that a 1-all draw ;)

Yes, have had a wayward day, and like your installer I got bored towards the end, but should have quit whilst I was ahead. Apologies again.

My guess is that he had another job lined up and rushed it.
That's why I tell my customers to keep 5-10% retainer to provide an opportunity for snagging to be dealt with. Good motivator for me to do the job right!!!. Luckily, only had one person so far play up on this payment, but he was a nitpicking tw@t. But that's another story.

The gas pipe should be protected from the weather (denso or paint it ) :rolleyes:

Can i have a reference please to the gas safety installation and use regs or the building regs which state so? beacuse otherwise stop henpecking the installer hasn't done that bad a job i see external gas runs like that about 10 times a day and when I'm installing that's how i do it too. Never seen denso, see a few where the householder has painted it. no gas fitter would bother, except you it sems.

Sponsored Links
OP

stop trying to find fault where it isn't. There may be a few minor issues but overall you have value for money and a very high quality boiler.

Can i have a reference please to the gas safety installation and use regs or the building regs which state so?

Not off me you cant (don't know)

Did'nt say it was a rule, just good practice (the only copper pipe i would leave unprotected outside is the blow off)

OP

stop trying to find fault where it isn't. There may be a few minor issues but overall you have value for money and a very high quality boiler.

I'm not "trying to find fault" I'm running a couple of things that I had queries over past people more knowledgable than myself. It's raised a couple of issues and allayed some worries on my side. That's what I came on here for, the fact is the guy has got to come back to do bits he hasn't done but were quoted for, I just want to make sure there isn't anything else I need to chat to him about when he does.

It's all good. :D

Andy

[ Never seen denso, see a few where the householder has painted it. no gas fitter would bother, except you it seems.

I didn't say get the gas fitter to paint it, i said the pipe should be protected from the weather, you should know :rolleyes: over time, left unprotected the pipe WILL corrode

For the record, if I were you, I'd use a bit of paper, headed "snagging list" and bullet point them - this will give him a chance to tick things off as they're done without a chance for him to "forget".

Use the advice given on here to provide specific details. I'd also not mention that you'd been on this forum in case it hurts his pride (aw, poor bloke), unless he gets uppity. Have you paid him yet?

Nope we've not paid him yet and yup good idea on jotting down the couple of bits to chat about with him/get him to look at.

Nope I shan't mention I've been on here, I think he'll be ok without that.

Thanks again,

Andy

Of course, we're all assuming he's not on here now :eek:

If he is, enjoy that conversation :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Of course, we're all assuming he's not on here now :eek:

If he is, enjoy that conversation :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Aye that would be awkward heh. :oops:

But we live out the way and computers only made it to this part of Sussex in the last couple of months :LOL: so I'd say the chances of him being a member here are slim.

In all seriousness though, I've not said anything on here that I wouldn't say to him in person really. And he did do a mostly good job at short notice, and for a good price, there are just a couple of little niggles is all.

Andy

Good luck with it all. Keep us posted on anything he argues about, should it happen, which hopefully it will not. ;)

The job is a bit untidy.Main point is not to take lightly the fact that an unsleaved and correctly seald gas pipe is potentially very dangerous.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back