Opinions please on this combi install? All ok? Pics attached

Hi all,

One of the most important remedies that can be done is to upgrade the white condensate pipe to min 35mm, some MI's stipulate that an external run can't be more than 3 metres and have a certain amount of fall per metre. If he has left the MI's you can read that part in there ;) As for the wonkey wiring and stat, that is attention to detail, as has been spoken above, most guys have some good and different points that they pay more attention too. The pointing was done while he galloped past on his horse while eating his breakfast :rolleyes:

If you where there while he was installing OR you had a trusted neighbour or family member that could of stayed there while he was working these points could of not been left. Even, he might of had an apprentice do the work while he was doing another job! The plus point is that he got it done for you asap :LOL: Supervision is seems was lacking, giving your critical attitude, I am surprised you allowed him in your house alone :eek: Enjoy the great boiler though.....

Sponsored Links
Godknows - Thanks for that, my Dad was house sitting as it happens but I think he mostly kept out of the chap's hair. I'd have loved to have been here but my wife and I won a shortbreak away last year but cancelled it the day before we were due to go (this time last year) as my father in law died quite suddenly. Last week when we were all set to take the postponed break, the boiler packed up and needed replacing at short notice. :confused:

To be honest, I don't think I'm overly critical it's just I want to make sure all is as it should be. £3k is a good price but it's still a lot of anyone's money, and as we have to get the chap back over a couple of things he didn't do and we paid for I want to be prepared is all.

Cheers,

Andy

Condolences.

Like you said, 3K is 3K and you're paying for the job to be done right.

Sponsored Links
silly little things that would have taken minutes.
So has nobody noticed the main fault with the electrical supply to boiler as opposed to the obvious one.

And yes in case you wondered every single person including me who have commented here do any absolutly perfect job every time that nobody could pick a single fault with.
AS IF

silly little things that would have taken minutes.
So has nobody noticed the main fault with the electrical supply to boiler as opposed to the obvious one.
Er, wrong cable?(should be heat resistant), er 300mm from gas??
Not a dedicated supply from CU?
Guessing here, by the way, as if you can't tell :oops:
And yes in case you wondered every single person including me who have commented here do any absolutly perfect job every time that nobody could pick a single fault with.
AS IF

Trouble is, it's not just a single thing at fault, is it?

swidders - Thanks for that, I just thought I ought to explain why we weren't here when the boiler was being installed.

fitz1 - What's the benchmark?

namsag - Uhoh. Whats up with the electric supply to boiler? :eek: :)

I can't see an earth bond to the gas pipe near the gas mains, that's something that Kevin mentioned. It looks like the chap removed it from the old gas pipe and then didn't reattach it.

Andy

er, showing my complete ignorance now, but what about earth cross bonding between the pipes?

Not heat resistant flex/cable, very common fault usually done with the roomstat cable.
Worst thing is it only costs £12.50 for a drum of .75

Not heat resistant flex/cable, very common fault usually done with the roomstat cable.
Worst thing is it only costs £12.50 for a drum of .75

the benchmark is a form either in the instructions or seperate which the installer fills in with information about his business details , his commisioning calcs and what controls fitted etc to satisfy building regs.You should also within a short time receive a certificate of the installation from corgi, although about 60 to 80% of installers where im from are not reporting to corgi.

It wont be long before every house in this country looks like the lloyds building, why does the condensate need to run outside there is a waste pipe exiting below i guess this is from kitchen sink why not connect internally under sink, pure lazyness !

It wont be long before every house in this country looks like the lloyds building, why does the condensate need to run outside there is a waste pipe exiting below i guess this is from kitchen sink why not connect internally under sink, pure lazyness !

Er, because condensate is acidic and if run into the "wrong" drain could kill the bacteria needed to recycle water, or otherwise run into rivers and cause ecological damage (dead fish for a start).

And what drain would you expect a kitchen sink, or washing machine to be run to then swidders? :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back