Opinon / Advice wanted on Install

Why did you have the Room Thermostat taken out - it is a requirement of Building regulations Part L1 that a room thermostat be fitted to every system installed to prevent un-nessecary firing of the boiler when the house is warm TRV's alone will not achieve this No RoomStat = NON - COMPLIANCE!!

That apart all seems ok to me, as has been said not the most beautifull install but you havn't said what you paid for the job so there it is you do get what you pay for! ;)

Sponsored Links
Looks like the Gas pipe is covered in cement, if so that would be my biggest concern.

The fact that the plug looks naff and the 32mm black plastic condensate pipe should have had an elbow on it. Saying it would stick out too much is a bad excuse, I'm sure most people on here ( myself included ) would make it look a damn site neater than it does, its not even clipped is it?

Maybe call them back to redress the issues you have, but keep it about the boiler install, not plastering etc etc.

Did you mention that you were not happy at completion?

These days most manufacturers will allow a plugged boiler if it goes into an unswitched socket and from the pic i believe it is unswitched.

Others have covered the other points you raised

Why TRV's on all the rads, why no room stat.....contravenes the building regs and wears the boiler out.

Paint the gas pipe black, is it sleeved and sealed on the inside edge?

The condensate is a typical bodge job. Personally I'd have run it through the wall in 32/40mm into a tee with an access cap on top. Straight down the wall into a swept bend. Then into a couple of obtuse to route behind the downpipe etc.

Always risky running into the downpipe just in case it blocks at the gulley end.

Sponsored Links
this is simple

if you where not freakin happy why did you pay the bill :rolleyes:

it's one thing having issues with an install

it's another posting it on the net without raising the issues with the installer

yer freakin pratt :rolleyes:

and the rest of you should have more sense

yeah just rip each others jobs to bits for the sake of some whinging pratt

thats how the industry got into the state it's in

glad i'm well out of it yer like a pack of hyenas :rolleyes:

kevs right, its just being picky for the sake of it.
theres bits there that i would have done differently but we dont know the full story, just a few lines from someone looking for stuff to moan about.
im not happy with my wifes t1ts at the mo, if i post up some pics can you all tell me what you think??

No need for the photo's, they looked fine this morning.

this is simple

if you where not freakin happy why did you pay the bill

it's one thing having issues with an install

it's another posting it on the net without raising the issues with the installer

The bill hasn't been paid yet. There is still an outstanding radiator to be done.

I posted on the internet to ask for advice of people with experience, or at least more experience than I have so I could make a considered approach to the installers. I know very little about central heating install, hence asking in a central heating forum so was simply going for some research before hand.

Similarly if you wanted advice in managing the operations of a visitor attraction or to look at providing service quality for customers I would bring my relevant experience and qualifications and provide assistance in an area I am knowledgeable about, in the same way I have recieved from this site.

Oh, and the shift key is on the left or right hand side of the keyboard; it allows you to produce capital letters.

yer freakin pratt :rolleyes:
Quite.

On a side note to the other respondants. The old wired thermostat was removed from the hall. We now have a new digistat that is wireless in the dining room. Just wanted the old one off the wall and out before it gets skimmed.

I will get the condenstate pipe route changed and explore options with the installer at a fused spur instead of it being plugged in.

Many thanks for the helpful replies, it will help when I speak to the installer in being able to understand things a little more clearly.

and the rest of you should have more sense
yeah just rip each others jobs to bits
+1
On a side note to the other respondants. The old wired thermostat was removed from the hall. We now have a new digistat that is wireless in the dining room. Just wanted the old one off the wall and out before it gets skimmed.
Sort of proves Kev's point regarding 'ripping jobs apart'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back