Opti-myst electric fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering buying one of these electric fires which produce a very effective
imitation flame and smoke illusion using ultrasonic technology and an ultra fine water mist.
Been doing some research but a bit concerned about a few comments that the system can cause condensation as a result of the water used to produce the effect.
Spoken to a few suppliers but as you would expect they say that they are not aware of any particular problem.
My question is, has any body had any experience, good or bad, about the system, in particular condensation and noise.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I am considering buying one of these electric fires which produce a very effective
imitation flame and smoke illusion using ultrasonic technology and an ultra fine water mist.
Been doing some research but a bit concerned about a few comments that the system can cause condensation as a result of the water used to produce the effect.
Spoken to a few suppliers but as you would expect they say that they are not aware of any particular problem.
My question is, has any body had any experience, good or bad, about the system, in particular condensation and noise.

Not hear of the condensation issue, but folk in my shop complained that the water had to be replaced too often, and you MUST use distilled water or the supply tube blocks. To be fair this info is a couple of years old, and may not be current.

FWIW I am impressed by the appearance of the flame, but the design of the fire around it is unbelievably old fashioned (or was 2 years ago)

//search.diynot.com/forum_search.php?all=opti+mist&phrase=&any=&not=&intitle=&forum_id=8&since=any&sortbytime=1&author=&search=Search+Forum&stype=0

Many thanks for that EFL, I don't know how I missed it.
You have saved me a bundle, as my fears have been confirmed.
The amazing thing is that there is a waiting list for the fire that I wanted.

They are also known as Politician Fires - all smoke + mirrors :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back